One of the best leadership skills to focus on is to set the right example by always doing more than is necessary.
When in doubt as to whether you’ve given enough, give some more. As a leader it’s up to you to set the pace, to set the example. It should always be about “do as I do, not do as I say.”
1. They do more than they know is necessary.
2. They do more than they know is fair.
3. They do more because it’s the right thing to do.
4. They do more not expecting anything in return.
5. They do more even when they know it still may not save the day.
6. They do more even when they know it may not save the customer.
7. They do more because they know it’s a teaching moment.
8.They do more because they don’t want to leave this earth owing anything.
9. They do more because they can.
10. They do more because they see the big picture.
11. They do more because if not them, who? Maybe you!
Never forget everyone is watching you, that’s all I’m gonna say, Tommy Gibbs