1. Your oldest units? Do you know where they are parked? How about a plan to make them go away?
2. Your look-to-book? Don’t like that one? Ok, how about trade ratio?
3. Your most expensive units? Do you know where they are parked? Have you got a plan to make them go away?
4. What’s your wholesale to retail ratio?
5. Who owns your used car department?
6. How many turns are you getting a year?
7. Do you understand the consequences of over and under 30 days old?
8. What’s your average cost per unit in stock?
9. How many clicks does it take to get from A to B on your website?
10. How many days does it take to get a unit through recon and on the line?
11. Are you doing a trade-walk & identifying problematic units? Are you creating a unique strategy for each? 99% of the time auction purchase units are problematic. (You’re going to get burned if you don’t start paying attention.)
12. Do you have anything over 60 days? Have you asked why? Do you have a plan to make them go away?
There are lots of things you need to know. I’m just pointing out a dozen of them.
That’s all I’m gonna ask, Tommy Gibbs.