1. I wish we could do away with packs.
2. I wish every sales person worked his or her entire deal on a tablet.
3. I wish we could eliminate cashiers.
4. I wish we had salaried sales people with annual bonuses.
5. I wish we had salaried management with annual bonuses.
6. I wish we didn’t have to rely on processing fees to make a nice bottom line.
7. I wish we had two-tiered pricing from the service department to the used car department.
8. I wish every service writer presented the menu on a tablet.
9. I wish we didn’t have to negotiate prices.
10. I wish we didn’t have “towers of power.”
11. I wish sales people didn’t sit behind a desk to work with a customer.
12. I wish sales management & sales people had a 40-hour workweek.
13. I wish we could get units through service in 3 days.
14. I wish we never would have any units over 60 days old.
15. I wish we didn’t have new car rebates.
16. I wish auction fees could be reduced.
17. I wish we focused more on “leading” rather than “managing.”
18. I wish every dealer was in a 20 group.
19. I wish your showroom didn’t look like a showroom.
20. I wish I’d see you at the NADA convention.
21. I wish 75% of a sales transaction could take place online.
22. I wish you’d get 12 turns per year.
23. I wish we could rid ourselves of “Legacy Thinking.”
24. I wish you would finally hire me.
25. I wish you a great holiday season.
That’s all I’m gonna wish for, Tommy Gibbs