Great leaders are champions of many things. Here’s 8 for you to consider:
1. Be a Champion of Responding-Do it now. Respond to text messages, emails and phone calls immediately. You should respond just as you would expect others to do if you were on the other side.
2. Be a Champion of Empathy-Can you recognize the emotions of others? Are you picking them up or pushing them down?
3. Be a Champion of Self-Evaluation-When was the last time you asked someone who you could trust to tell you the truth about what you could improve on?
4. Be a Champion of Discipline-Are you walking the walk or just talking the talk?
5. Be a Champion of Moving The Strategy Bar-Are you constantly seeking to tweak and kick up the strategy bar? Or, are you locked into thinking you’ve got it right?
6. Be a Champion of Enthusiasm-Sometimes you have to fake it until you make it. Here’s a simple test. How many people have you high-fived today?
7. Be a Champion of Your Culture-Culture is a living, breathing thing. Are you feeding and watering it every day?
8. Be a Champion of Defeating Legacy Thinking-Are you holding “legacy thinking” high on a pedestal or kicking it out the front door? Just because you’ve always done it that way, doesn’t mean you can continue to do so. You can either lead, follow or get the heck out of the way.
What are you a Champion of? That’s all I’m gonna ask, Tommy Gibbs