How long does it take to know if they can do it? Do what?
Do whatever it is you’ve hired someone to do.
Does it take a week?
Does it take a month?
Does it take 90 days?
Does it take 6 months?
Does it take 6 years?
How long does it take you to figure out if you’ve got the right person or the wrong person in the job?
Part of that decision making process might depend on:
1. How much have you invested in the selection process of putting the right person in the right job?
2. Did you put someone in the job because they were the “next up?”
3. How much have you invested in their training and development?
4. How much have you invested of your own time coaching and teaching the person?
5. Does your organization give people the tools they need in order to be successful?
6. Do you make the effort to get legitimate feedback from those around you that “know” about how this person is performing?
How long does it take for you to figure out if they can or they can’t? That’s all I’m gonna ask. Tommy Gibbs