I hope you’ve had some great mentors in your life. I’ve had some of the very best. My business partner for over 30 years, Ashton Lewis, Sr., taught me some of the best leadership skills I could ever have hoped for.
Ashton taught me nothing is more important than always doing more. More than is necessary, more than is fair. When in doubt as to whether you’ve given enough, give some more. Yep, I’ve had some great mentors. I hope you have too.
Great mentors develop great leaders and they all teach, Do More:
1. They do more than they know is necessary.
2. They do more than they know is fair.
3. They do more because it’s the right thing to do.
4. They do more not expecting anything in return.
5. They do more even when they know it still may not save the day.
6. They do more even when they know it may not save the customer.
7. They do more because they know it’s a teaching moment.
8.They do more because they don’t want to leave this earth owing anything.
9. They do more because they can.
10. They do more because they see the big picture.
11. They do more because if not them, who? Maybe you!
I wish I could do more, that’s all I’m gonna say, Tommy Gibbs